Since 2007, the veterinarians and support staff at Foothills Veterinary Hospital LLC have sought to achieve the highest standards of veterinary medicine. We feel that cats are part of the family, yours and ours. Our clients' response to the care we provide is the strongest testament to the quality of care we provide for their cats.
The Foothills Veterinary Hospital LLC veterinary hospital offers preventative health care as well as advanced diagnostic and surgical services. Our commitment to quality service has lead our hospital to become well known and respected throughout the veterinary industry. Our hospital has been accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association.
We Support Every Stage Of Your Cat's Life
As your feline friend grows, they will move through six distinct stages of life:
- Kitten: 0-6 months
- Junior: 7 months - 2 years
- Prime: 3 - 6 years
- Mature: 7 - 10 years
- Senior: 11 - 14 years
- Geriatric: 15+ years
Naturally, as a cat grows and progresses through life, it will undergo physiological changes and face a variety of life events that will require care and attention. From kitten care to geriatric cat medicine, consistent preventive care can make all the difference in the quality of life of your cat. Ultimately your cat's health will impact your relationship with them.
Cats are very good at hiding illness. In fact, most cats will simply become less active and less interactive when very ill. Any signs of illness that a cat may show will be very subtle. Any change in their behavior should warrant a consideration that they may be ill. Many clients will return from work to find that their cat simply does not greet them at the door as usual. This may be an indication that your cat is ill. Because the signs of cat illness are so subtle, if you should notice any obvious changes in behavior please call our office.
If you happen to call after 5:00 pm on a week day, or after 1:00 pm on Saturday, we will refer you to Pets Emergency Hospital - 406 587-3996, a 24 hour emergency clinic nearby. Dr. Kathy Quigley is a part-owner of Pet's Emergency Hospital.
A Cat Friendly Hospital
Because the medical needs of cats are unique, our hospital utilizes specialized equipment, training of employees and facilities friendly to felines. We have a feline examination room and we minimize stress by utilizing feline pheromones and soft cozy surfaces which will allow most cats to feel safe and secure. Our staff are trained to allow cats to move at their own pace which allows them to feel less stress during their visit to our hospital. Cats have special needs when it comes to exploring new environments. We understand the needs of cats and how to keep their stress to a minimum. While we cannot make all cats feel completely at home, we strive to help the, to feel safe and comfortable during their visit to Foothills Veterinary Hospital LLC.
Cat Health Services and Treatments
At Foothills Veterinary Hospital LLC we specialize in the following cat health services for cats of all ages, breeds and circumstances:
- Allergy Testing: Cats commonly face a number of allergens that can cause a wide variety of symptoms, allergy testing can help us identify and properly treat the root cause of some issues
- Anesthesia: We have the facilities, equipment, medicine and knowledge to ensure your cat stays safe while under anesthesia
- Bathing and Hygiene: Proper feline hygiene is an important component of a healthy happy lifestyle
- Behavior Services: Your cat's behavior is not genetically inherent, but can be learned and unlearned with your commitment and our help
- Boarding: Foothills has limited space for cat boarding, so if you are going on a trip and want to make sure that your cat is well taken care of, contact our staff to see if we have space.
- Cancer Treatment: Our communicative approach to cancer treatment makes all the difference for you and your cat
- Cardiology: Our skilled veterinarians, facilities, equipment get to the heart of your cat's health and wellness
- Dental Care: Our knowledge and dental experience can help prevent and treat your cat's dental conditions, including periodontal disease
- Dermatology: Diagnosing skin conditions early is highly beneficial in treatment. However, if a skin condition has already developed, it must be addressed before it worsens
- Deworming: Intestinal parasites are a health risk to both your pet and family. We are happy to discuss appropriate deworming protocols to fit your cat's lifestyle.
- Diagnostic Imaging: Diagnostic imaging allows our veterinarians to accurately diagnose your cat's condition so that the proper treatment can be prescribed
- Emergency Care: Should an emergency arise during office hours, our well trained staff is ready to help. After hours emergencies are referred to PETS Emergency Hospital.
- Eye Care: Our doctors are trained to recognize feline specific eye disease and choose treatments based upon efficacy and your cat's tolerance to specific treatments
- Flea & Tick: We employ safe and effective flea & tick treatments for your cat's health and happiness
- Homeopathic and Nutraceutical: There is a lot more to health, wellness, and medicine that prescription drugs and surgery. Our veterinarians will make you aware of all appropriate treatment options, including alternative therapies such as homeopathy and nutraceuticals
- House Calls: We are very sensitive to the needs of our clients and patients and in some cases a house call is the best way to deliver care. These can be arranged by special appointment only
- Kitten Care: We help you learn to care for your kitten through education and nutritional awareness while providing the proper preventive medical treatments
- Laboratory: Our in-house laboratory testing services mean faster and more accurate diagnostics and treatments for your cat
- Laser Therapy: Our cold laser therapy is a tool used to treat cats for post operative pain, arthritis and other inflammatory conditions. It is painless and well tolerated by most cats
- Medications: When your cat requires medication our doctors will provide the right prescription. We have a well-stocked in house pharmacy to aid in the treatment plan created for your cat.
- Microchip ID: Our professional microchip ID services can help identify your cat in case he/she ever gets lost, stolen, or separated from you
- Nutrition: We will address the specialized nutritional requirements for your cat throughout all their life stages, as well as in the management of certain illnesses
- Pain Management: We specialize in effective and compassionate pain management for your cat regardless of age, ability or condition
- Parasite Prevention and Treatment: Prevention and early detection are paramount to survival for some types of parasite infections
- Preventive Care: Our comprehensive preventive care program is the first step to ensuring that your cat has a long healthy life
- Wellness Exams: A cornerstone of preventive care, annual wellness exams help prolong life by allowing health issues to be identified and addressed early
- Senior Care: We understand the special needs of aging cats. We will partner with you to provide the optimal plan for your aging feline
- Spay or Neuter: Our refined pre-surgical, surgical, and post-op care will provide your cat with the safest and most comfortable surgical procedure
- Surgery: Our facilities, equipment and staff offer your cat the best option for a successful surgery and recovery
- Vaccinations: Our veterinarians will recommend an individualized and personalized vaccination protocol based on your cat's needs
Make An Appointment With Foothills Veterinary Hospital Today
Our success as a cat hospital is a reflection of the health and happiness of our patients and clients. From preventive medicine to comprehensive illness and disease intervention, our hospital staff will ensure that your next visit to our hospital will resonate with care, respect, transparency and compassion. Schedule an appointment today.